Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This will be a simple week as we are winding down for vacation. Or the kitchen is winding down anyway. The kids are going nuts. They are so ready to get on the plane.

Last week went well except for the fact that I flaked out by Thursday. I was simply tired of cooking. Luckily the girls didn't mind having cold cuts, chips and fruit for 2 meals a day.

Here's the line-up for the coming week:
Monday - Mac'n cheese and ham casserole, steamed broccoli, salad for Daddy
Tuesday - Dinner with the French neighbors
Wednesday - hamburgers, I hope, depending on the weather
Thursday - French Dip Sandwiches
Friday - Homemade chicken nuggets
Saturday - tacos
Sunday - pork roast, baked potatoes, peas or broccoli

It is a week of leftovers as I want to use up as much food as possible from the freezer. I know stocked freezers run more efficiently, but we had a bad experience last year. We evidently had a power outage at some point during our 3 weeks trip to the US, and everything in the freezer thawed. My freezer still smells on some days despite many cleanings with bleach. It was an expensive problem. This year we will have less in the freezer just in case.

I also won't be posting my menu until after August 21 (4 weeks in the US!). I look forward to rejoining all of you when we return to France.

2 comments:

Mom24 said...

Sounds yummy! Have a wonderful vacation. How exciting. Have you tried putting a container of activated charcoal in your freezer--with holes punched in the lid? I've heard that really gets rid of odors. Sorry if you've already tried it.

loonyhiker said...

I bet you are busy getting ready for the big trip back to the US. If you are in Greenville and have a minute of free time, give me a call. I'd love to meet you for lunch.