I tried to write this at 5:30 this morning, but wasn't able to log on. We were supposed to leave for 4 weeks in the US this morning. Husband and I woke up at 4 AM to get showered and finish the last minute packing before waking the girls to catch a 6:55 flight. We were looking forward to this flight for a lot of reasons, one of which being that we were going to avoid Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and fly through Lyon. We really do not like Charles de Gaulle.
At 4:11 AM our phone rang once. It was enough to really wake us up so I headed off to the shower. Just as I was getting out the phone rang again, once. Husband was sitting right next to it and tried to answer it, but only got a dial tone. He was on the Internet to check the flight status because he was already awake, and it was a good thing he did. Our first flight was cancelled. The one that was going to let us avoid Charles de Gaulle. Husband quickly called the airline to find out what was going on.
Fast forward an hour. Husband spent that hour on the phone with a very nice representative from Delta, trying to figure out how we were going to get home. The rep came up with some interesting plans. One would have given us an overnight layover in Nice. She finally came through with a plan for tomorrow morning that has us going through (do you see this one coming?) Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. AGH!!
The good news is that these flights are very regular. The flights to CDG fly even when there are airline strikes. Nothing should happen to this itinerary. Husband went to work today to recoup a day of vacation to use when our families come to visit in the fall. And the girls and I got to sleep in a little.
Stay tuned to find out when we finally arrive in the good old US of A.
4 comments:
OH, no!! What a pain! I'm glad it all worked out though and you're able to be so positive about it...I think I would have been quite upset. I don't like for my plans to be changed at the last minute!
I hope you have a great visit when you finally get there!
I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. Good luck, and have a wonderful time.
Have a great trip to the US! Hopefully no more travel kinks.
UGH! How absolutely frustrating! I am so sorry that happened to you and your family. Hope you're on your way to the States now. Have a fantastic time. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment