Today is playgroup day. It is the one day a week that we generally get out of our tiny village and hang with other expatriates. The kids go play and Mommy gets to talk to other mommies in English. And the girls often crash after lunch. It is usually a very good day.
Today was a little different because today's park was a ways away, and we had a lunch date in the opposite direction. We opted to stay home for the morning and head to McDonald's a little early. I was going to let the girls play with their friends on the indoor playground for a bit before lunch. That was going to be our playgroup today.
One big problem with that plan - the playground area is being renovated!
Ordinarily this would thrill me. I am disgusted by places like that (hence the reason we generally don't go to places like that). At least the outside playgrounds get rained on once in a while. The girls socks are always almost black when they get done playing. YUCK! Today I was counting on them wearing themselves out on that playground. We didn't go to the park because I knew they'd play hard at McDo's (what the French call it). Uh oh. I was actually disappointed that my children couldn't play on that nasty playground.
Then along came MH and SS. These are two girls we know from church, and they adore my girls. They took charge of the situation and kept the Misses and RHB's girl SA occupied while the mommies chatted. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and the girls crashed after lunch. :)
4 comments:
Those little playgrounds are pretty nasty! I have seen parents use baby wipes as soon as they are done. Glad everything worked out after all.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy your playdate even though the playground was a disappointment today! The girls have been asking about Miss S and M a lot lately!
Glad your day turned out alright. Those play lands are really yucky and I think they're worse in France (& Switzerland) than in the US. I don't think they ever get a really good scrubbing and I've found things that were very dangerous in our "local" one across the border too. I'm glad the sun is now shining so we can just go to the park instead. Glad you had fun! Love English playgroups...love them!
Email me, and I'll email you back with the taco seasoning mix recipe. It worked great!
robert dot cross @ cox dot net
~ Kayren
Post a Comment