I am psyched about this week's menu. It isn't anything wonderful or new, but my girls helped me decide what we are having every single night. We worked on the menu together during lunch on Friday. Their Dad is in Japan for a week, so they got to choose some of their favorite meals.
Sunday - tacos
Monday - creamy chicken, rice, peas
Tuesday - ham in the crockpot, pasta, corn
Wednesday - scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon
Thursday - pork roast leftovers, curly pasta with sauce Provencal, veggies (wanted asparagus, but couldn't find it at the store this morning)
Friday - crispy chicken (with corn flakes), bowtie pasta, steamed broccoli
Saturday - Shake'n Bake pork chops, mashed potatoes, beans
Sunday - Pizza (if it isn't too hot)
Now, the comments about last week. We finally got a break in the weather which meant that I got to eat some grilled food! I was a very happy girl. That also meant that the planned menu got thrown out the window.
My pork roast was simple to prepare, and was very juicy. I used Lowry's seasoned salt and olive oil to season and coat the roast and cooked it on the rotisserie for about an hour. I have read recipes for grilling a pork roast, but I am not sure that either of us is good enough with this charcoal grill to try that.
I got to have my grilled duck breast on Thursday, and it was AWESOME! I skipped the salad only because my lettuce wasn't good, but we did have the fresh bread and roasted garlic. YUM! Miss S said it was her favorite meat ever. :) This one was simple. I prepared a McCormick's Grill Mates mesquite marinade, threw it in a Ziploc bag with the duck breast and put it all in the freezer. The meat was able to marinate as it froze and thawed. I'll just say it again - YUM!
The last great meal was the grilled sausage with peppers and onions. We served it with fresh bread and a crisp rose wine. I love this for a summer meal. The produce here is so fresh, and the sausage we like is made at the butcher shop we like. How could we lose?
I hope you all have a great week. Check out more meal ideas at Menu Plan Monday.
4 comments:
You inspire me to cook! I'm trying 2 new recipes each week (only did this one week so far). I am using this recipe book with great color pictures and simpe recipes. Since I still haven't bought a new oven, all my meals have to done on the stove or the microwave or the toaster oven. I also have a gas grill but I haven't fired that thing off in a year. I guess I need to after reading your post!
Isn't fun not having to the whole stress of planning meals on your shoulders??!! I love involving my family in helping to plan the meals. I even let them help me cook the meals they help plan! :)
Sounds like you are going to be enjoying some yummy foods this week. :)
Enjoy your week!
Your have a beautiful family! My oldest daughter dreams of visiting France for her high school graduation trip in a few years. She will be thrilled that someone from France read her Momma's blog. Thank you for your comment! Your crispy chicken sounds delicious. I make mine with ritz crackers sometimes as a change from corn flakes.
Blessings to you,
Kristi
Your kids have good taste in food :)
Mmmm, sausage with onions and peppers! I was actually thinking of doing that this week. Now I'm sold!
Post a Comment