I may have to scrap the menu that I planned last night. We have sun for the first time in weeks. I mean actual blue sky and bright light, not just a lighter shade of gray. We even got to grill last night! I am psyched! Of course, the weather forecast says rain all week.
Let's go over last week first though. The Chicken in Madeira Cream Sauce was good, but not one of those 4-star meals that we rave about (not like the white pizza from the week before). I will make it again because we liked it, but probably not often. I thought there should have been more sauce. I had trouble envisioning serving this dish to 6 people given the amount of sauce, but it might work if I plated the meat with the sauce instead of letting everyone serve their own. I am sure I took too much because I love creamy sauces. The flavor also was not as intense as we expected. All said, still worth trying again.
This week:
Monday - Chicken (I have a new BBQ sauce to try if we grill it) My plan is to grill a bunch of stuff at the first chance so that I have some duck and sausage ready for salads and pizza.
Tuesday - Pork chops
Wednesday - Baked Potato Bar (this will change if we have grilling weather)
Thursday - Mac'n cheese and ham
Friday - French Dip Sandwiches
Saturday - Pizza or hamburgers
Sunday - church picnic for lunch so something simple like sandwiches

3 comments:
Mmmm...baked potato bar...sounds so good! :-)
And thanks for the 'welcome back' I appreciate it! It feels good to BE back and back into the swing of things. :-)
I'm glad I'm back too. French Dip in France? How fabulous. And about the goat cheese - I'll eat it in any form I can get it but one of the best ways to eat it is on crosinis with olive tapenade. Oh, so tasty.
Yeah! Happy sun. I hope you do get to grill out. It's so nice when you can do that, isn't it?
Thanks for the toaster oven advice today. I think I'm leaning toward getting one. I have a convection oven setting on my oven too. I use it mainly to quickly preheat the oven. It works great for that.
Hope you have a good week. It sounds yummy!
Post a Comment