There are lots of really cool things about living in a foreign country. One of my favorites is that I get to celebrate Mother's Day TWICE each year. As I have learned, lots of countries have this special day, but they fall at different times throughout the year. Here in France, we are a couple of weeks behind the US.
I got to spend part of my US Mother's Day in Monaco. Who can complain about that? I thought I was a pretty lucky Mommy until my Husband informed me that we were celebrating French Mother's Day this year! Evidently he didn't feel that geocaching and traveling home from an awesome vacation was enough of a celebration. WooHoo!
Miss S woke us up at 7:30 on Sunday with a huge smile an a cheery "Happy Mother's Day!" I think she was more excited than I was. Her sister slept until 9:15 and it was killing Miss S. They had presents to give, and she wanted to do it NOW! You would've thought it was her special day. We eventually got to the gift-giving part of the morning's events, and I KNEW I was a lucky Mommy.
2 comments:
Wow! Aren't you a lucky mommy! Your girls are so beautiful and you haven't changed a bit since I've last seen you! I miss my girls being that age.
Oh No! Now I've got to check to see if there is a German Mother's Day that I missed.
I am so happy your husband thought of you for the French Mother's Day. Good for him!!!
Post a Comment