Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fellowship of Friends

Almost every Friday morning for the past 18 months I have had the opportunity to get together with 3 other women and explore God and the Bible. We are an unusual bunch for lots of reasons, one of which is where we all are in our walks with God. We have asked questions, demanded explanations, taxed our brains, prayed, offered support, welcomed a baby, celebrated triumphs, and more. We have become friends. We have not found all of the answers (much to RHB's frustration some days), but we have come a long way.

Now, one of our group is leaving, headed back to the US to resume the life she left there a few years ago. To celebrate this event, RHB and her family hosted all of 17 of us (8 adults and 9 kids) for a dinner last Friday night. And it was a celebration - of our friendship, or families, our lives in France (and all that living here entails), and of our time together on all of those Friday mornings.

We laughed (a lot), we drank (who knows how much wine), and we ate (the best steak I've had in France). The kids chased and yelled and crashed in front of a DVD when the parents refused to go home. It was a beautiful evening in so many ways.

To the CSH family - I will miss you all.
MHH - the Misses love you dearly, and talk about you often. You always make me smile when you watch out for them. I know they are in good hands.
DH - It has been a joy watching you grow. You have come so far.
CH - Man, you always make me laugh! I love your outlook on life.
CSH - what can I say? So much water under our bridges. I am so glad that I attended that one last Bible study, and that you asked me for more info about our Friday group. I have been honored to be a support and a friend to you, especially in the past year. Thank you for being a part of my life here, and I hope our paths cross often in the US.


The parents during our dinner hours. We missed out on the pictures of the kids because we were having too much fun ourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a great time!! :-)

Dig said...

Should we start talking about that darn tree again now or wait till the next BBQ?

RHB said...

I'm thinking that darn tree conversation will continue this Friday, dears. :)