Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another difference from the US

I needed something from the pharmacy today, and the whole experience made me wish I was in the US at my local Target store doing the self-serve thing. What I needed to buy is readily available in any medicine aisle in any store in the US, but I had to ask for it, and I didn't get to ask the nice Lady pharmacists. Noooo, I had to talk to a man. A man who felt the need to explain exactly how to use what I needed to buy. I am sure that the pharmacists are trained to explain how to use all medications as our local pharmacist does that every time I buy something (I have to hope it is that and not that I am the American who doesn't understand French therefore won't be able to figure out how to follow the doctor's directions). Today it was just really annoying.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I'm sorry but I just couldn't help smiling when I read this. Of course if it was me, I would have been embarrassed so I'm glad it was you and not me. lol