We started our carpool this morning, and I am really looking forward to it. The kids all get a long well, and this will give me a little more flexibility in my day. I can't imagine doing afternoon pick-up line everyday! I am so glad that I have someone to trade off with, and they live just around the corner!
I want to give a BIG "thank you" to all of the people who offered breakfast suggestions last week. We are slowly getting more food into the girls in the morning, and your ideas have helped inspire me.
Last week's menu went fairly well except that I never made the pesto for the spaghetti, or the oven-baked chicken. Oh well. I did throw together chicken dipped in egg then Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs that the family liked a lot.
Here's how this week is shaping up:
Monday - homemade pizza with grilled sausage and veggies
Tuesday - French dip sandwiches
Wednesday - Chef salad with leftover ham from 2 weeks ago (3rd meal from that ham so far)
Thursday - Riviera Chicken (recipe below)
Friday - Chicken nuggets and French fries fro Dad and the kids
Saturday - Grilling at the lake for a work thing for Hubby
Sunday - Ribeyes on the grill, baked potatoes or bread, salad (I am hoping to try making my own baguettes)
On Friday, I am picking up an order from Angel food Ministries. This is a food co-op that offers very low priced packages of food designed to feed a family of 4 for a week for $30. It is the first time that I have ordered from them, so I am interested to get our delivery and see the quality of the meat. It is all supposed to be restaurant quality. I'm planning on grilling ribeyes from this delivery on Sunday, so I am hoping for good stuff.
Riviera Chicken (from Another Potful of Recipes by JoAnna Lund)
1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free French Dressing
1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped and undrained
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
16 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast, cut into 4 pieces
Spray slow cooker with butter-flavored cooking spray. In prepared container, combine French dressing, undrained tomatoes, celery, onion, and mushrooms. Add parsley and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Arrange chicken pieces in vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours. For each serving, place 1 piece of chicken on a plate and spoon about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture on top.
Check out more menu options at Org Junkie.

1 comment:
I am so curious what you think of the quality of the items you received. I had never heard of this program before, our church has a similar one, the best buy program, but there's a church close to us who does the Angel Food Ministries. Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment