Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Plan for the first week of school

Last week went fairly well, menu wise. I cooked everything except the oven-baked chicken. That meal will appear on this week's menu. The ham was wonderful! Very tasty and tender. I am also thrilled that I was able to package 6 meals worth of ham from one cooking!! 7 meals for $18 - who can complain about that?

Our breakfast food exploration is still underway. We have found a couple of options that the Misses like, but I welcome any suggestions for breakfasts that your kids like.

Our dinners this week will be a little on the simple side as I am not sure how the first week of school will go. I tried to get ideas from the Misses, but they were strangely silent on the menu topic this week. Hopefully this will work for everyone.

Monday - Mac'n cheese and ham, salad
Tuesday - Tacos
Wednesday - Oven-baked chicken, rice, steamed broccoli
Thursday - Spaghetti with pesto, ham, salad
Friday - Eating out
Saturday - Grilled pork chops, potatoes, peas
Sunday - Cooking ahead - French dip sandwiches, and grilling steaks and sausages (for later in the week) if the weather cooperates

I hope you are all having a great week. Look for more menu ideas at OrgJunke.

4 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Check out my blog for back to school breakfasts.

Pam

Mom24 said...

Sounds yummy, but your menus always do.

For breakfast, my kids like soft pretzels (frozen aisle), pancakes, waffles, mini-wheats, crispix, occasionally mini-muffins, scrambled eggs and peanut butter toast. Hope that helps.

Niki Jolene said...

French dip sounds delish!

:)

Great menu you've got there!

How about make your own English muffins for breakfast? We do that all the time..I just toast em and set out a tray with butter, jelly, apple butter, cream cheese, etc.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. I hope you will join me this week for Crock Pot Wednesday. Mister Linky will be up and ready for you on Tuesday. Thanks again