The following are some comments made during our summer vacation:
*We had use of a "tube" for the kids to ride in behind the motor boat this summer, thanks to Hubby's cousins C and D. During one ride, Miss S was almost bounced out of the tube (she was truly airborne, but didn't go over only thanks to her Dad's quick hands). At the end of the ride she told her Daddy that "I need to practice some more before I go by myself."
*During another, rather bumpy ride on the tube, Miss S yelled at her Daddy to "Hold on!" He dutifully grabbed the hand holds, only to be told that she wanted him to hold onto HER.
*I spent some time at a craft fair this week. When I got back, Miss S asked where I had been. "Shopping." She then asked "Did you go to a store? Did you go to Lowe's or Home Depot?" Evidently she has learned that these are the only stores worth shopping in.
* We are vacationing at my in-laws cottage in Vermont. One of the cousins lives about 10 minutes down the road. Unfortunately the rest of us have to travel a LONG way to get here. This cousin was talking to Miss M one evening and mentioned that she needed to go home, but would be back the next day. Miss M was perplexed. Generally when someone "goes home" from the cottages, they leave early in the morning and we don't see them until the next summer. So she asked how it was that Cousin was going home but would be back the next day. "Well, I live here." Miss M then asked "You live here? People live here?!" I'm still waiting for her to ask us when we get to live here.
*This summer hearalded the first foray into fishing for the Misses. One the first day, Miss S didn't catch anything, much to her dismay. Luckily for us, their young cousins who live nearby know all of the secret fishing holes, and shared their information. The second day Papa switched to live worms as bait, AND hit the sweet spots. Each girl caught 4 fish. Miss M acted responsibily and agreed to release her fish. Miss S insisted on keeping 2 of her fish. Those things are meant for eating, not releasing! And eat she did!
4 comments:
This sounds so wonderful! We are leaving at the end of the week for Nova Scotia and New England states and everywhere in the middle. I will be back in Sept. Hope we can get to visit! I'm dying to meet the Misses!
Glad you had some relief from resettling!
I'm glad you've had a wonderful vacation. It sounds like a lot of fun. So fun for the girls to actually catch fish while fishing, my kids have yet to experience that thrill, unfortunately. Of course, maybe it's not such a bad thing as I'm not sure either Mark or I would want to prepare the fish for cooking!
I can't wait to really get to do things on the lake with Livers. Right now it's more concentrating on her not drowning :)
Post a Comment