So yesterday was the magic day. The day that my kitchen transformation began. I was absolutely giddy. Finally, some real progress was being made. I tried to do a little photo documentation, but unfortunately for those of us who are not certified in mold remediation, most of the work is going on behind black plastic. Here's what I do get to see though:
We went from this:

to this

in a matter of hours. I still have access to the pantry (the door on the right of the second picture), as well as the sink and stove. The fridge was moved out of the main kitchen area but is still easily accessible from the stove. What I don't have is a dishwasher so I am not being eco-friendly this week. Paper plates and plastic cups are the utensils of choice for this mom! All in all, I lost about 1/3 of my kitchen. Not too bad in my opinion.

This is what you see from the hallway. This is the entrance chamber going into the containment area that is in the kitchen.

And here is the living room, complete with its own containment area. The red stuff to the right is the carpet pad, and all of our furniture has been squashed into the main living space. It is a little crowded, but we will manage.
It is inconvenient to have 3-4 extra people in my house, as well as plastic rooms set up all over, but these guys are doing their best not to be intrusive. Our lives haven't really changed. I am able to make meals almost as easily as I could 3 days ago. The Misses are able to color in the morning room and play in their playroom. The dog goes pretty much wherever she wants, and gets love unless the guys are busy at the moment. I know that it could be much worse. I could be in a hotel with 2 kids and a dog right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment