Yesterday was Daddy's birthday. It was an exciting day. The girls were wound up all day which was largely my fault. I planned lots of exciting activities to get ready for the birthday party. We went shopping and made a cake. We wrapped presents and made chicken. We didn't get to the card making, but we tried. Poor husband barely made it in the door when he was informed that he needed to open his gifts! It was fun.
We fianlly made it to the table to eat our Crispy Chicken (or corn flake chicken as the girls call it), and Daddy was opening the champagne. POP! And FIZZ - it went all over the table and floor! We had put the champagne in the door of the fridge to chill, and it had gotten shaken as I prepared dinner (lots of opening and closing of that door). Miss M wanted to know why the "shampoo wine" went everywhere. Too funny!
Earlier in the day Miss S asked me how old Daddy is. I told her, and she looked appropriately amazed. No comments about him being old, but some big eyes. Then she asked how old she and her sister are. This was followed by a comment regarding candles - "Are we going to put __ candles on the cake? You put 4 on our cake and we are 4, so Daddy needs __ candles, Mommy." I had to explain that we just don't have that many candles while trying not to laugh.
I realized last night that I never wrote about the girls' birthday. I will try to remedy that by next week. We have a busy weekend planned tasting wine so it might take a few days. I do promise pictures!
1 comment:
I love the candles conversation. That is too funny! How old is husband?
Post a Comment