The potato soup was a hit. The Husband had 2 bowls! I cut the carrots in BIG pieces so that they would be easier to pick out of his bowl, and the potato pieces were too big (took forever to cook), it needed more ham, and the broth was too thin, but not too bad for my first try. Of course, I made too much, so we'll have to eat up the leftovers before I can make more and fix my mistakes!
Today is day three of my weekly menu, and I am cooking 40 clove garlic chicken (another new recipe). It smells wonderful! I hope Husband remembers to buy the fresh bread to go with it.
We have had a slow week with both of the girls back in school, so I decided to write a few tidbits off my list of "things to write about on a slow blog day" list.
* We have a beautiful chocolate lab. She has a thick, shiny coat that often appears almost black. She has that wonderful Labrador Retriever dogonality, loves all humans, thinks all other daogs want to play, and is just discovering that cats don't like dogs. She also has a very strange characteristic. She likes to be hot. She lies in the sunniest spot on the floor, and she will lie with her nose pressed to a space heater if it is turned on. She also loves to take a sauna. Every Saturday and Sunday morning she beat my husband into the bathroom to claim the prime spot on the throw rug to bask in the heat and steaminess created by Husband's shower. And she stays there until the steam has cleared from the room. Periodically she gets to extend her stay because I follow Husband in the shower line. The interesting thing - she NEVER comes in with me if he has not just finished his shower. Guess I don't get it hot enough or steamy enough for that dog.
* Husband and I have lost our retirement meal ticket. The girls told me last week that they didn't want to be race car drivers anymore. They want to be teachers. That went straight to my heart as I am a teacher, so are several of their relatives. Unfortunately I know I can't count on them supporting us on teacher's salaries. We do still have pictures of race cars up on the walls though. Miss refused to recycle her Mr. Bib calendar from last year because she likes all of the cars on it.
1 comment:
That is hilarious about the girls. Maybe they could teach racing?!?!?
Let me know how the garlic chicken goes. I can smell it from here. Yum!
Post a Comment