Sunday, January 13, 2008

If I blink ...

I am going to miss it all. The girls will be 4 this week. We have come so far from premature twinfants through the toddler stage to "almost grown-up" not so little girls. Does time just keep moving faster?


This past week Miss M finally convinced us to let her use the vegetable peeler. She and her sister had the opportunity to make applesauce at school in the fall. Evidently the teacher let some of the children peel the apples, and Miss M has been after us since to let her peel SOMETHING (she is under my feet everytime I make mashed potatoes). She did a beautiful job, with just a little help from Daddy. Before long she's going to kick me out of the kitchen and make all of the meals herself!





The girls are also big into helping around the house in other ways. I have already written about the day that they made me clean the house with them. Yesterday, I got payback! I MADE them fold the laundry. I have to wonder though ... is it really payback if they have fun?

3 comments:

RHB said...

It's great that they have fun cleaning and doing chores! I hope for your sake that they always think it's fun. How great would that be?

Praise and Coffee said...

Awww, they are darling.
Yes, we need to enjoy every minute, it goes by way too fast!

We started over again and adopted from China. I am cherishing everything I can because I saw how fast time went by with my older 3 kids.

France? How cool is that. Nice to meet you!
Sue

Monica said...

AWWWWW! I can't believe how big they've gotten. I love that they are such good helpers. Mine aren't the best at folding laundry yet...Looks like Miss S & M had lots of FUN!