Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where did Monday go?

I was all ready. I had a great post for my Menu Plan Monday, but before I knew it, Monday was GONE! Okay, so I'll post on Tuesday. No problem, except that Tuesday was suddenly GONE! And you can guess what happened to Wednesday. GONE! So now it is Thursday, and I do not intend to post my menu this late. I will tell you about where the hours went.

The Misses turned 6 on Saturday. I spent last week getting over the fact that they are getting older. Miss M loves to tell everyone that she is almost as big as her Mom and that she is going to get bigger than her Dad. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we had a birthday party here at home that included 7 of our closest friends under the age of 10, a bunch of parents and a pinata that didn't want to break. Poor Daddy had to help the kids break it, then had to clean up the garage afterward. The lollipops and jaw-breakers had been beaten so badly that most of them had shattered! What a mess! After the "outdoor" fun, we destroyed a Princess and the Frog cake and opened some gifts. It was a GREAT day!

On Sunday, we took the visiting grandparents, Gram and Gramp to our local Y for a swim. The Misses had an opportunity to show off their budding swimming skills. Miss M is now able to hold her breath and swim under a noodle that is floating on the surface. YEAH! If they keep up the progress, we're going to be learning to waterski this summer.

Monday was the big day of the weekend for me personally. The community center where the garden is located was having a service day. We had 70+ volunteers show up to clean, organize, and declutter the buildings, rake leaves on the property, and to winterize the garden. I was happy to be part of the outside crew, and hauled many a wheelbarrow full of dead plants up the hill to our compost heap. I even "convinced" Gram and Gramp to help out. It was incredible to see how much we were able to get done in about 3 hours. The whole facility looked so much better.

The Misses had a teachers' work day on Tuesday so we spent some time shoe shopping. And dress shopping. And toy shopping so that they could use their Christmas giftcards. And to the Christian bookstore so I could get a few things. We did spend a little time at home where the Misses got out their paints and painted some really cool pictures.

Wednesday was laundry, grocery, catch-up day.

And here we are. I don't even have the birthday party pictures on the computer yet! But I have been having a really great week. I got to spend a lot of special time with my girls over the past few days, and that makes everything worthwhile. Even missing posting my menu.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

That sounds wonderful. Glad they had a good birthday weekend. How fun that they're learning to swim--such an important life skill to master.

I'm so jealous that it's warm enough there to even think about gardening. ;)

Have a wonderful week.