In this day and age of computer everything, I find that am an old school kid of girl. I get frustrated with the need for 3 remotes just to get a picture on my TV. I get irritated when I have to reread the directions in order to add music to my iPod. I AM NOT tech-savvy.
That is not to say that I do not like my computer, and the fact that I can access all kinds of information from all over the world in a matter of seconds. I really like having all of my pictures stored in one place and nicely organized. I like having spreadsheets to help me organize my lists. I do truly WANT to be more tech-savvy.
But there are times that I just have to have it the old fashioned way.
Today I started a new Bible study on the book of John. I was like a kid going to her first day of school. I got my notebook and pens ready. I packed my backpack and filled my water bottle. I picked out my favorite Bible to take along.
I was excited to have a real pen and paper in my hands today. I was thrilled to go to a Christian bookstore to buy a new dictionary and some Bible reference books. I am ecstatic to get my hands on the Word in the most literal sense of the phrase.
I will probably use the computer to access some of the great resources that are available on the Internet during the course of this study. There is a wealth of information out there in cyberspace that will aid me during the course of this study. In the meantime, I will wrap my hands around my Bible, and my new reference books, and do it the old school way.
3 comments:
I just gathered my pens and notebooks together as well for a study. I just love "old school" too.
I'm with you! Technology is great but books are greater. And you know which book is my favorite. :) What did you get yesterday? I'm excited that you are excited about starting the new study!
However, if you want to go new school go to Bible.org. I read John last year and when the One Year Bible Blog got to that point they had great articles that you could read that got deeper into the book.
Post a Comment