Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A look back

About this time every year I organize all of the pictures from the past year and burn them to a set of CDs for archiving. This is also the time of year that I get to ooh and aah over how much the Misses have changed in the past 12 months. Always fun to do, especially right before their birthday. So here it goes, a brief look at how much the Misses grew in 2009.
Here we are on December 6, 2003. This was mere days before I was put on bed rest, and about 5 weeks before the Misses put in their appearance.












And here are my babies in October, 2004. Hard to believe that they were preemies! Miss S has the beautiful hearwear while Miss M is sharing her best "cute" look.



And here they are in January 2009 at their 5th birthday party thrown by their Grandma and AuntieW.






January 2009 - Ice skating for the very first time





February 2009 - Carnivale at the local French school












March 2009 - Trying to pump up some tires at an exhibit for Dad's work








April 2009 - Saying goodbye to French friends






And hello to our new life back in the USA








May 2009 - Helping Dad organize the garage




June 2009 - At the aquarium in Charleston SC




July 2009 - Riding General for the third time, and LOVING it!


August 2009 - Somehow I missed getting a picture for the first day of Kindergarten!




September 2009 - Learning to ride the new bikes






The princesses ready for dance class







October, 2009 - the Princess and the Frog before the movie even came out!







November 2009 - A family picture





And you've seen the Christmas pictures here.
You know what? Now that I have uploaded all of these pictures, I think I can understand why so many people use Flikr to make slide shows!! Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed a glimpse into our year. I am amazed at how my girls have grown, and not just physically. I wonder what the next year has in store for us!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is the LAST time that I try to be creative with the pictures! I have formatted and reformatted this post so many times and it is still a mess. I hope everyone is able to enjoy it anyway.

Mom24 said...

I think it's a great post.

They're so cute. How fun that they always have each other. It's amazing how much they've grown just this year.

Monica said...

It is amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it? They are such cute girls!!