Well, it is Monday again, and time to post the menu again. This one is not so exciting as we are working on cleaning out the freezer. The good news is that no one fussed when I said we would be eating leftovers all week. I am hoping that means that they liked the meals the first time!
Here's what we have on the list, in no particular order this week (sorry there are not any links, but I am feeling a little lazy today):
Poppyseed chicken
Beef Stroganoff
Some unknown chicken
Lamb with Dill sauce
French Onion Soup
Mac'n cheese and ham
Lemon-Rosemary Chicken (made by the family for my upcoming birthday)
French Dip Sandwiches
The lamb in dill sauce got mixed reviews. I liked it very much, and the Misses seemed to enjoy it, but my husband did not like it. Turns out he doesn't like lamb. He did say that it is the best lamb that he has ever eaten. I have to wonder what he would have said if he thought it was beef instead of me telling him it was lamb. And no, I am not going to start lying to him about what I am making for dinner.
I didn't make the potato soup or the beef fajitas this past week. Chili sounded better on the soup night, and I packed too many things into the day Saturday and ran out of time to get the fajitas made. I am hoping to get the fajitas made this week even if I just put it in the freezer for another time. I have everything to make them, and no other slow cooker meals planned. Might as well use the stuff up before it spoils.
Last note - thanks to eating out of the freezer this week, my grocery bill was under $100 again. Second week in a row! I now have enough meat stocked in the freezer that I do not have to buy meat every week. I can wait to catch things on sale. YAY!!
Take a minute to go to OrgJunkie and check out what everyone else is eating this week.
1 comment:
I feel pretty strongly about lamb. I would rather go hungry than eat lamb! But I think my parents forced me to eat it as a child and we always had mint jelly to eat with it and that had me wondering about the meat. I mean, if I have to diguise the taste with mint jelly, it can't be good! LOL
Post a Comment