Friday, November 20, 2009

First Dance Recital

Here is a short clip of the Misses in their first dance recital. They are taking a ballet/jazz class on Mondays at our local YMCA, and are having a blast! It is low-key and fun for the kids and the parents. I am sure that their steps would be more precise at a formal dance school, but I don't have the heart to switch them. They love their teacher, and they are getting the basics.

The first picture is of my two darlings hamming it up for the cameras. Miss S is on the left, and Miss M has on the striped tights. The second picture is of Miss S doing what she does best - her own thing. Luckily this was just the rehearsal. She was very focused during the show.

And here they are doing their jazz routine. The girls didn't like jazz as much for some reason. I think it was probably the song. The song for the ballet routine was all about being a princess while the jazz song was, well, more jazzy and not their style. I am happy as long as they are having fun, and boy, are they having fun!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Soooo cute! Give the jazz time. Julianna loves it this year but wouldn't have liked it before now.

It looks like they had a blast!