Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Silence if GOLDEN!

My house is quiet this morning. This is the first time in almost 3 weeks that no one in the house is hacking or coughing or whining about not feeling good. Today, I sent them all off to work or school.

Today, I am going to put away all of the medicines that are crowding my kitchen counter.

Today, I am going to wash all of the sheets in the hottest water that I can get.

Today, I am going to hide the TV remotes, and enjoy a few pages of a book without someone wanting to "snuggle."

Tonight, after I have had time to realize that I miss my people and all of the noise and chaos they create, I am going to hold them tight and tell them how much I love them.

But today, I am going to enjoy the silence.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

Definitely enjoy!!! I think every stay-at-home mom can relate to this post.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad y'all are feeling better! After we were sick, my mom used to boil all the silverware and glasses too, just to get rid of the "germs." I still do that too.

RHB said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!