Just to update those of you who are curious about the tooth-y happenings chez nous ... The Tooth Fairy did come last night. And she was mighty generous.
There was a lot of heated discussion about what to do with that tiny front tooth to make sure that the Tooth Fairy didn't miss it under the pillow. Several suggestions were made. The final decision was to put the tooth in a pretty pink jewelry box that Miss S had received at her birthday party. It was large enough to hold a pretty necklace, but small enough that the tiny tooth wasn't lost. And it fit so nicely under the pillow.
There was some concern that the Tooth Fairy would take the pink box, but that fear was allayed when the Misses woke up this morning. The box was still under the pillow, and it made a different noise when Miss S shook it. I know this because she came rushing out of their room shaking the box and declaring that there MUST be money in there because she could hear it.
She didn't know what she had when she opened the box though. She thought she got a quarter. And she was happy with that.
Then Daddy explained that she was holding a Gold Dollar.
A WHAT?
So we had a math lesson at 6:15, and Miss S declared that she will keep it forever. And Miss M stated that she can't wait to get her Gold Dollar so that she can keep it forever too. I love these kids!
3 comments:
Very exciting! :)
I've never heard of a gold dollar. I would keep it forever also.
I thought you were going to say she received a 2 Euro coin. which would have been a cruel joke. :)
That is so exciting! The tooth fairy has definitely grown more generous over the years. When she visited me as a child, I was thrilled with the shiny new dime she left me! :) I'm glad the miss enjoyed the gold dollar!
Post a Comment