We are experiencing a new rite of passage in our house. Miss S has some loose teeth. Once upon a time I thought this would be easy-peasy after everything else we have been through.
I mean, I have held my screaming child so that some stranger can draw blood from her tiny arm. I have changed a few tons of diapers. I have cleaned up who knows how many times after the dog with the sensitive digestive system has eaten something that didn't agree with her. I stood in a shed while half a dozen deer were being gutted and skinned. I have had my share of truly gross experiences.
So, why should a tiny loose front tooth give me the willies? I am absolutely and totally grossed out every time my darling little girl runs up to show me how much looser her pretty little tooth is. And she has to show me several times a day while she explains what she has been doing to make it looser.
I am prepared for the eventual tooth losing though. The tooth fairy has been to the bank and has a nice stash of gold dollars to exchange for said teeth.
Now, is it unreasonable for me to hope that she loses this thing at school where they have nurses and cute little boxes for lost teeth? What if I promise to listen to the whole story and admire the tooth once it is out of her mouth? :)
The really sad part (on the scale of Mommy toughness) - my husband, who generally cannot stand any bodily fluids, is at least acting like he is all into this.
3 comments:
I am with you on this one - the thought of loose teeth gives me the willies too.
Missed you on Tuesday - we played some good games.
You need to get your husband to take a picture of her wiggling her tooth. Once it is out, you may wish you got a picture before and then it is too late! My problem with wiggly teeth is that I want to pull them out so they stop wiggling. LOL
You crack me up- I never would have guessed that a loose tooth would give you the willies. :) And gold dollars! Wow! I only got quarters from the tooth fairy. I guess we've had some inflation over the past 30 years though. :)
Post a Comment