Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Way back last summer, as I was unpacking boxes full of things that I had not seen for about 3 year, I decided that it was time to go through the cookbooks, take out the recipes that I really thought I'd make and toss the rest. That has been going pretty well, and has generated lots of new meal ideas. This week is no exception.

Before I get into the new menu, I need to recap some things from the old menu.
*Lasagna was not a hit with the Misses. Neither was the cheese manicotti from a few weeks ago. They just don't seem to get into pasta dishes with meat. Fortunately, my husband loves lasagna so the leftovers will not go to waste.
*Turkey Surprise Packages were pretty good to me. The Misses did not like the veggies, but thought the meat was okay. Hubby wasn't too into the meat. Don't know if this one will make it to the regular rotation, but it sure looked pretty on the plate.
*Chicken in Bacon Blankets was a hit with everyone. The Misses pulled the bacon off the chicken, but that didn't stop the eating. They just are not bacon fans. Hubby liked it enough for seconds.
*I didn't get to the Golden Chicken Nuggets so they have been moved to this week.

Speaking of this week ...
Tacos
Homemade pizza
Marinated pork chops (grilled or baked?)
Pepperjack chicken (because it has been more than 2 weeks since this was on the menu)
Apple-pork Tenderloin with Fabulous potato fans
Golden chicken nuggets (from last week) with homemade fries
Best ever roast beef with Island Sweet Potato Fries and salad
French Dip Sandwiches

I decided to add the recipes after I make them this week. No sense typing stuff that doesn't work out. If you are looking for new meal ideas (most of which include recipes or links), check out OrgJunkie.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Island sweet potato fries sound intriguing, I'd love to know what those are.

Your week sounds great.

My kids love pasta, but pretty much the plainer the better.