I almost forgot to write this post today! I've been busy checking things off the "to do" list, including buying the groceries that I needed to make these meals.
Last week was a banner week with several new meals on the menu. Not all were hits. They just lacked flavor. The Fragrant Lemon Chicken was a big disappointment mostly because it smelled so good all day. The Easy Delicious Slow Cooker Roast Beef was dry, and didn't make enough juices to have any kind of sauce. The Pomegranate-Chipolte Pork Loin was okay, but not spicy enough for my Husband. Of course, if it had been, none of the rest of us could have eaten it! The last new meal of the week was the 20-40 Clove Chicken. It was pretty good, but greasy as I used leg quarters instead of boneless breasts or mixed pieces. The flavor was very good though, and enjoyed by all.
This week is an "out of the pantry"week. I did my best to keep the grocery bill below $100 and almost made it. I bought a lot of soups to use for my lunches or in the slow cooker, and some new snacks for us to try. I am loving NOT having to buy meat though. So nice to have the freezer stocked.
Guess that brings me to the "What We're Going to Eat" portion of the post.
Monday - Italian Chicken Breast (another Tastefully Simple recipe)
Tuesday - Chef salad with leftover steak or pork chops from the weekend
Wednesday - Chicken Picatta (I am committed to making this dish THIS week)
Thursday - Mac'n Cheese and Ham casserole
Friday - Chili
Saturday and Sunday - grilling
For those of you still looking for some new meal ideas, visit Org Junkie and her weekly roundup of menu plans.
1 comment:
I'm very impressed, spending less than (or right around) $100 is incredible. Great job.
Post a Comment