We have had a lot of rain and a noticeable dip in the temps here so I am going with some wintry favorites this week.
Sunday - grilled steaks and baked potatoes
Monday - French dip sandwiches
Tuesday - Manicotti*
Wednesday - Chicken picatta (still trying to try this one)
Thursday - leftovers for the troops as I get to go out to a real Grown Up event
Friday - Lasagna* and salad
Saturday - Tacos
Sunday - Steak and salad, bread and roasted garlic
Monday - leftover Pepperjack Chicken
*Recipes below
I tried a new recipe for Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas from Campbell's Soup this past week. I was a little skeptical at first mostly because one of the ingredients is Cream of Chicken soup, and that so does not go in enchiladas in my mind. I gave it a try though because the recipe looked so easy, and it was! Better yet, it tasted really good. Husband had seconds, and the kids even said it was "Okay." That is pretty big praise from them for a new dish. I have frozen the leftovers to see how they reheat, but I think it is a keeper!
Check out OrgJunkie for all kinds of meal ideas as well as a ton or suggestions for organizing your life!
Lasagna
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 lb bulk sausage (I try to get Italian spiced sausage when possible)
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp basil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 16 oz can of tomatoes
2 6 oz cans of tomato paste
Lasagna noodles
3 c Ricotta cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 eggs
1 tsp oregano
8 oz cubed mozzarella cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
*Brown meat and drain excess fat.
*Add next 5 ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered. (I use jar spaghetti sauce for this step)
*Cook noodles and drain.
*Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients.
*Layer 1/2 noodles in 9x13 pan, 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 meat mixture then 1/2 mozzarella cheese slices. Repeat.
*Bake 375 F for 30-45 minutes
Manicotti
1.5 lbs chopped meat (I use a combination of 1 lb sausage and .5 lbs ground beef)
1 egg
1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, diced
3 slices bread or crackers (or prepared bread crumbs)
1/2 c milk
Parsley flakes, salt and pepper to taste
Manicotti noodles or giant shells
Spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese slices
*Combine first 6 ingredients. Mix well.
*Cook shells or noodles for 8-10 minutes. Drain.
*Carefully fill each shell with mixture (I always break shells and it still tastes great)
*Lay stuffed noodles/shells in a baking dish (I usually use 9x13) and top with spaghetti sauce and cheese slices.
*Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to an hour.
1 comment:
Mmmm, I want to come to your house this week. I seem to have lost my meal plan mojo. It all seems ho-hum to me.
Post a Comment