I am writing today to issue an apology to my daughters' teachers. I inadvertently offended them with my post about the school on September 23. I was venting online when I should have been talking privately to the teachers. I still feel that the issues I wrote about are valid, but my method of dealing with them was not appropriate. I have already written an e-mail to the teachers, but I will say again
I apologize for any offense. My daughters adore you, and love going to school everyday. Please just keep in mind that Kindergartners are unreliable as information sources, and keep the parents informed.
One caution to bloggers - be aware of what you write and send into Cyberspace. Don't post it if it could hurt others!
3 comments:
Oops! Oh man, I feel for you. I would hate to think of my children's teachers reading my blog. Anyone who reads blogs should understand there's a private/blowing off steam component to blogging.
Besides, you didn't say anything terrible.
I know you did not vent in a mean way and I hope those teachers realize that. I believe you had to vent because you know the frustrations that teachers go through and truly want to help them. I thought your suggestions were great and sometimes as teachers, we tend to take a lot for granted and assume that everyone knows what we are talking about. That school does sound like a great school too!
I would be so nervous if that happened to me! I tend forget sometimes that the veil of anonymity on the internet is only paperthin. I hope that things got straightened out with your girls' teachers!
Post a Comment