Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missing Mojo

I have been on a "fill the freezer with comfort foods" kick lately. I love to have the house smell like fresh cooked/baked something, and I love to have hearty meals to put on the table to fill my family on these cooler nights. Today is no exception. Today I wanted to make Quick Cheddar Bread to have as a snack for the kids when I pick up the carpool. it is cold and rainy. What could be better than some warm bread to fill your tummy and tickle your senses, right?

Evidently the cooking powers that be think otherwise.

Everything was going so well. The batter is super easy to make, and the pan was greased and ready. The cooking bread was filling the house with a lovely scent when the timer went off.

The recipe says to remove the bread, so I did. Or tried to.

What I got was a big gloppy mess on my clean stove top.

I dumped it all back into the pan and reset the timer. The kids will still get their warm cheddar bread, and I dare any of them to comment on the funky shape!

BTW - here is the recipe:

Quick Cheddar Bread

3 1/3 cups all purpose biscuit mix
1 (8 oz) pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 c milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten

Combine biscuit mix and cheese. Add milk and eggs, mixing just until moistened. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The bread came out just fine (I had to taste test it), just a little funny shaped. I did scrap the idea for an in the car snack as it is kind of crumbly (a factor of the premature reval from the pan?). I think animal crackers are a better choice today.

Mom24 said...

Ugh! Sorry. I hate when stuff like this happens. I completely chalk it up to mojo.

Hope your mojo's working in other ways. :-)