One of our recent trials has been getting the girls to make it through the night without wetting the bed. I will admit that we resorted to bribery, offering the girls a sticker each for every morning they woke up dry. Those stickers added up to some new toys. There was method to our madness. Our poor children would have had the same 3 Barbies for over a month if they hadn't had the opportunity to get some new things. That would have driven ME nuts.
Now they have a new Candyland game, a couple of new stuffed animals, scented bubble solution, and PINK Tinkertoys (designed especially for girls, according to the container). All of these things have been a hit, especially the Tinkertoys. The girls have built windmills and airplanes with their Gramp, and come up with all kinds of ideas on their own. My favorite was the flower garden. Too cute! But the most favorite toy has been one that we did not buy, and it is one we cannot keep.
The girls discovered the walk-in closet in their bedroom in our temporary apartment. By last night they ha created an entire world in the closet. They had soft pillows and blankets. They had toys. They had "friends" (Barbies and stuffed animals). All they were missing was a kitchen, and they had a pretend one of those! Some day I envy their imaginations.
Daddy wanted to know why we bothered buying a 4 bedroom house when all they really needed was a big closet. He's funny. He'll understand when they hit puberty!
2 comments:
That is funny. I'm a big fan of well-used bribes. Hope it keeps working.
What an imagination they have! I always liked small places like that when I was a kid. I had dreams of making the cubby holes in my room a fort, but it was far too hot in the summer and always smelled of insulation (and made you itch, too!).
Post a Comment