Monday, April 13, 2009

Home sweet home, almost

The Misses, the dog, and I have made it safely back to the USA. We are currently being spoiled rotten by the grandparents, who all happen to live about 40 minutes from each other. REALLY nice for the Misses who have missed family very much.

The reentry went smoothly. We had great help in Atlanta, and even had time to get a bite to eat between planes. The Misses were complete angels, demonstrating to everyone what great world travelers they are. I couldn't have asked for more from them.

We were greeted at the airport by 3 of the 5 grandparents and cousins A and Z, along with their parents AunT and Uncle D. The Misses were so excited that they left me in the dust in a rush to get to the Welcoming Committee. I was literally 2 corners out of their line of sight. Thank God that we hadn't left the "secured" area of the airport and I knew that there were not any other people between me and our family.

We had a lovely Easter dinner, and crashed. The Misses were asleep by 7:30 PM, and I followed shortly after. The Misses slept all night and woke at 7:30 this morning bright and happy. We're not over jetlag, but we are well on our way!

Now, we're going to enjoy a few days hanging out with the Grands before we head to the Final Destination. I'll keep ya'll (I can say that again!) updated.

5 comments:

RHB said...

Glad y'all are back safe and sound!

loonyhiker said...

I was just telling Don today that you should be arriving home soon. I'm so glad you had a great trip! Hope to see you soon!

Dig said...

Glad everything went well. Strange to think of y'all back on that side of the pond for good. I really hate this expat gig sometimes! xoxo

kim said...

Yahoo! How fun to be with your families. What fun!? I'm glad re entry is going great. Can't wait to hear more.

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you made it back to the South safe and that you had a great Easter! It won't be long now.... :)