Sunday, October 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


We are in the lull between family visits. We spent a GREAT 3 weeks hanging out and traveling with Aunt T, Uncle D and two of The Cousins, A and Z. I am still working on organizing the pictures, but organizing our lives had to come first as Grandma and Papa will arrive on Tuesday. Part of that organizing job was to make some menus. Here's what will be on the table over here in France for the next 2 weeks (please look below the menu for the recipe links):

Sunday - grilled sausage, peppers and onions
Monday - spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - chef salad with grilled chicken (I'm trying for "light" for the in-laws' travel-weary tummies)
Wednesday - grilled duck, salad and bread
Thursday - tacos (it has been a long time and I am craving some Old El Paso)
Friday - baked potato bar
Saturday - Coq au vin
Sunday - French Dip sandwiches
Monday - Parmesan chicken
Tuesday - homemade white pizza with grilled sausage
Wednesday - Balsamic chicken with vegetables
Thursday - crockpot ham, gratin dauphinois, salad or steamed broccoli
Friday - grilled steak, salad and bread
Saturday - we are travelling again!

Please see Steph at A Year of Crockpotting for the following recipes: Coq au vin and Balsamic chicken with vegetables.

My Dad's meatball recipe can be found with this link while the recipe for the French Dip sandwiches in at this spot. Finally, I like this recipe for my gratin dauphinois.

And the last things on the list - those recipes that I have gotten from other people and have no idea where to find on the Internet!

Parmesan chicken

3/4 cup (175 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh bread crumbs

1-1.5 tsp (7 ml) finely chopped fresh thyme or 2 ml dried

1/3 cup (75 ml) Dijon mustard

2 Tbsp (25 ml) lemon juice

3 lbs (1.5 kg) chicken pieces

In a sturdy plastic bag, combine cheese, bread crumbs and thyme. In a small bowl, mix together mustard and lemon juice. rush liquid mixture over chicken. Add chicken to the bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, skin side up, on a greased, foil-lines baking sheet. (Chicken can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours) Bake in 190 C (375 F) oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown, chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Makes 4 servings.

*** I use boneless chicken breasts so I do not cook for quite as long.

White Pizza Sauce

6 Tbsp butter

6 Tbsp olive oil

2 Tbsp white wine

1 tsp Rosemary

1 tsp Basil

2 Garlic cloves, minced

Saute garlic in butter and olive oil. Add all other ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Spread over pizza dough.

*** I generally use Herbes de Provence (Italian style herbs, sort of) instead of just basil and rosemary simply because that is what I have handy. It works nicely.

2 comments:

Mom24 said...

Mmmmm. I want to eat at your house. OK, for lots of reasons, first of which is that you're in France, but your menu does sound delicious. ;-)

kim said...

Looks tasty! Have a wonderful time with Grandma and Papa. Things get quiet at our house today as our Grandma and Grandpa travel to Scotland for the week. Time to catch up on housework & laundry!