Sunday, October 5, 2008

How much fun can you cram into almost 21 days?

We had an unofficial mission to find out. My sister and her family arrived on September 19, and we have stayed busy. So far we have (in no particular order):

*Climbed the Eiffel Tower
*Visited Notre Dame
*Seen Napoleon's tomb
*Visited the Mona Lisa (the guys) and been to Sacre Coeur (the girls)
*Walked on the D-Day landing beaches of Normandy
*Toured Mont Saint Michel
*Eaten lots of pastries
*Walked on Roman ruins, more than once
*Driven on some crazy, curvy roads
*Eaten Swiss cheese
*Bought LOTS of chocolate
*Done a ton of geocaching
*Driven Heaven knows how many kilometers (I sure don't want to add them up)
*and shared a multi-course dinner, almost French style

And that doesn't count the day-to-day stuff like grocery shopping, cleaning house, and yard work. These folks travelled all the way from the Eastern US and have weeded my driveway and garden, mowed the lawn and cut the hedges. The boys have kept the dog happy by playing with her several times a day, and I haven't done dishes for almost a month!

I can honestly say that I was worried that we'd drive each other nuts being together for so long. I have a small house, and we doubled the number of people living in it. We've been on the go a lot, and have gotten tired, but it has been a good visit. Now we just have to get the thousands of pictures organized (5 cameras worth).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had TONS of fun!!

loonyhiker said...

That was so neat to see your list! You didn't let any grass grow under your feet. Thanks for recommending me and my blog to that person who was interested in digital scrapbooking. I hope you mentioned Monica too because her pages are much better than mine!

Lindsay said...

What a great trip! Sounds like y'all had lots of fun. I'd love to visit Europe--anywhere in Europe--someday. I can't wait to see pictures!

kim said...

It sounds like an absolutely amazing and wonderful time! I'm glad you've been able to do so many things. What fantastic memories you've made together. Your children will have these memories and stories for the rest of their lives.
And it's fun to see that you've even enjoyed the everyday stuff together too. Weeding and trimming hedges? Would you send them to my place?