I was driving the girls to school today, and had an interesting experience. I drove past 2 rather nondescript gray transfer trucks. You might wonder what gave me pause about 2 rather nondescript gray transfer trucks. They are not large, and they do not have any markings that should concern me. I think it was the 3 motorcycle-mounted Gendarme coming in front with lights flashing, and the 2 sedans flanking the front and back of the convoy, full to the brim with 4 Gendarme each, and with lights flashing. A similar convoy trucks through town every couple of weeks.
What I wonder is this - what is being transported in these rather nondescript gray transfer trucks that requires such security, and WHY are they driving through my tiny town rather than on the Autoroute that borders one side of town?
1 comment:
I think there's a mint in Clermont, if I remember correctly. This convoy is the weekly shipment of money heading out of town. I'll double check to be sure, but I'm confident it's something along these lines...
Post a Comment