Monday, April 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Welcome back to my menu plan. I don't think I kept to my menu very well last week. Other, more interesting (often easier) menu options kept popping up. Oh well. That just made for a lighter shopping week this week, which leads me to the current menu ...

Monday - Meatball sub for my husband, homemade chicken nuggets for the girls and me with leftover veggies on the side
Tuesday - Ham, mac'n cheese (this is not the casserole that I usually make but a special dish for Miss S)
Wednesday - Beef burgundy leftovers with bowtie pasta
Thursday - Breaded pork chops, au gratin potatoes
Friday - Chef salad with leftover sticky chicken (a lucky find when I rearranged the freezer this weekend)
Saturday - Amazing Pork Tenderloin
Sunday - Making our own pizzas

I hope you all have a great week! Take a few minutes to check out some other great menus at Menu Plan Monday.

Mac'n Cheese a la Miss S (see adult version below)

Macaroni
Milk
Cheese, grated (about 1 cup fro 1 cup macaroni)

Cook the macaroni. Drain. Put in an oven-safe dish.
Add cheese. Pour in milk until you can just see it.
Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

*We have tried a variety of cheeses. Just about anything works well except the lower fat cheese. They just don't seem to melt as well. Go with your favorite. Here in France we like Cantal (a local cheese for us) or cheddar, when we can find it.

**To make my usual "adult" casserole, I add Italian spices (between 2 Tbsp and 1/4 cup), minced onion (about 1 tsp), and cooked,diced ham (about 2 cups) and bake as above. The kids don't like the spices thus the version for Miss S.

5 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu looks great! I'm going to bookmark the pork tenderloin recipe, it looks delicious!

Dawn said...

Everything looks great! I have to admit that Thursdays dinner is totally my kind of meal. :-)

DEHausfrau said...

First you gave me "Fabulous Fajitas", now you give me "Amazing Pork Tenderloin" - I wonder what will come next!

kim said...

This sounds really tasty. I am definitely going to try your mac n cheese with the local cheese you suggested. Cheddar is extremely hit-or-miss for us.

Anonymous said...

I find it so funny that in countries you consider "good cheese" countries that cheddar is so hard to track down! I know where to get it here (in The Netherlands) now, but it's usually more money than I'm willing to part with unless it's an extra special occasion *L* Your menu looks wonderful, I'm going to have to try that pork tenderloin recipe soon!