Last week was a god one in many respects. I'll focus on food here though. Not much to say about the meals except that I think I have finally mastered mashed potatoes. Maybe it is the French potatoes or butter. I don't know, but the last 2 or 3 batches have been met with rave reviews by the whole crew! The girls even let me experiment and add cheese one night. YUM! I also hit a winner with my homemade chicken nuggets. I kept it simple for the first time - bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and parsley. Everybody liked them, and the girls asked me to make them again. Next time I might add a little Parmesan cheese or kick up the spices a little.
This week doesn't have me making anything amazing as we are preparing to leave for a vacation.
Sunday - a switch from making our pizzas to grilling sausages, onions, and peppers. Great idea! The meal was great. Husband and I would have eaten more if I had prepared more.
Monday - making our own pizzas
Tuesday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Wednesday - Mac'n Cheese and ham casserole
Thursday - Chicken in a cream sauce
Friday - Leftover pork roast from last week (and maybe some more mashed potatoes!)
Saturday - on the road to Germany
Does anyone out there cook much with tagines? I have been looking for a pretty way to roast my garlic bulbs then serve in one pot. I saw some mini tagines and thought that might be the answer, but I know virtually nothing about them. Kitchen gurus - please help!
Back again in 2 weeks! Have a great couple, and visit Laura for more meal ideas!
5 comments:
Enjoy your holiday in Germany. I'm going on holiday to the UK in 18 days (not that I'm counting or anything!) and I also can't wait!
What brings you to France?
More importantly, what is the secret to the mashed potato? :)
Steph, thanks for visiting my blog and telling me about the mashed potato. I was almost drooling right here on the keyboard - yum!!!
Have a great trip to Germany. Eat lots of wurst on the way...
Mmmm...yummy...can I come over for dinner this week?
And, I LOVE Germany! Went there when I was a freshman in hs and have always wanted to go back.
Stephanie: I'm SO glad we have found each other. Are you saying someone in Germany read my blog and told you about it? It's a small world. Please email me when you have time at loonyhiker at charter dot net.
Post a Comment