We all took part in a local night run. Hubby and the kids ran the one mile Fun Run, and finished in just over 11 minutes. I ran the 5K (my very first) and finished in just under 37 minutes. I was pretty proud of all of us. The first picture is of Hubby and the Misses finishing their run along with a school friend and her mom (my friend from France RHB). The second picture is of me finishing my first-ever 5K. I was trying so hard not to cry. My family and friends were there cheering for me and it meant so much.
The plan for Sunday had been to take the boat to the lake. The weather did not cooperate so we went with Plan B - the backyard archery range! We have all been interested in archery for quite a long time. The Misses have a compound bow that they share, as do Hubby and I. Our practice had been sporadic because we were concerned that we might shoot an arrow into a neighbor. Now we have a very nice backstop, and a well-engineered setup to use it.
The only real downside to the bad weather was that we did not get to grill the very nice steaks that were waiting in the freezer. Instead I did my best to come up with a lovely substitute. Thank goodness my husband cuts up the leftover steak for quick meal prep for the kids! That made for quick and easy chef salads. Throw in some fresh bread and wine and we are happy!
I hope you all had as pleasant of a day!
1 comment:
Sounds absolutely lovely. Congrats on the run. That's quite an accomplishment.
Post a Comment