Friday, February 12, 2010

I want to go wireless

My husband and I received a really cool Christmas gift from my in-laws this year. They gave us a digital picture frame. We had admired their digital picture frame for many years and wanted one, but it wasn't practical while we were living in France. This year, it was PERFECT!

My husband has taken on the task of loading pictures onto this frame, and has been having a ball experimenting with all of the different ways that he can add stuff. He can use a USB connection, or a thumb drive, use a Bluetooth connection, or even send pictures wirelessly directly from the computer. Cool, huh? I am kind of in awe of this thing because it does so much.

He started with the 2009 pictures that are still on the computer, then pulled out the photo CDs from all of the years that we have had our digital camera. I thought he'd start at the beginning, in 1999, but he surprised me, sort of.

He started with 2004 - the year the Misses were born. He slugged through hundreds, possibly thousands, of photos and picked some really great ones. Some of my VERY favorite shots of our little girls when they were truly little are now on/in this frame. I love being able to sit on the couch in the evening at watch the slide show. What a huge difference in 6 years!

My husband's timing with loading the 2004 pictures was perfect. So was his selection. My grandmother passed away at the end of January. She was their last living great grandmother, and had been an amazing presence in my life for almost 40 years. We even named one of the Misses for her. My dear husband chose some beautiful pictures of my grandmother with the girls.

Now I want a wireless Internet connection so that I can sit in our family room, surf the Internet, and watch the slide show all at once. A girl can dream, right?

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

We went wireless a few years ago, I love it! It might be cheaper than you think, in our area it was.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I have wireless in my house and charter cable and I love them both!

RHB said...

Very cool! Glad yu're enjoying your digital frame. And yes, a girl can dream! :) Someday soon our kids will be laughing that we were dreaming of going wireless.