Monday, November 19, 2007

'Tis the Season (a little early)



We had an exciting weekend. The Husband agreed to decorating the house for Chrsitmas about 2 weeks earlier than I thought he would. I was thrilled! He even gave me a great answer when I asked how I managed to talk him into it - "Next weekend will be busy, and the weekend after is too late. It seems like a good time." Music to the ears of one who loves the Christmas season.

Nos filles were beside themselves when we asked if they wanted to start decorating for Christmas. We unpacked the fake tree on Saturday afternoon, and they could not pull out the pices fast enough. What was worse was that their parents couldn't get the tree together fast enough! We finally finished the tree, then broke the news that the decorating would have to wait for Sunday. Thankfully they were able to sleep!

Sunday dawned with a visit to our room from Little Miss S. She poked her head into our room with a big smile and a "Time to wake up Mommy and Daddy." She was ready to decorate the tree. She was so happy when her Dad showed her that we had finished the lights while she and her sister slept. Now it was really time to get those ornaments on that tree. I suggested that we decorate the windows instead. The girls spent about 5 minutes putting window clings on our sliding glass door, andwere back to putting ornaments on the tree. It was a tough sell to get them to wait. They finally wore us down, and about an hour later we had a beautifully decorated tree. About 30 minutes later, Little Miss S decided that it was time to undecorate the tree!

No comments: