We spent a quiet afternoon, and the girls both napped. When they woke all refreshed, Daddy hada surprise. He wanted to bake a cake for me, and he needed help! Who better for the task than his two blue-eyed, blond sous chefs? I sat on the couch, playing with my new MP3 player, and enjoying the giggles and sounds of cooking fun. The very best part of the whole thing (for me anyway) - eating the warm Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Cake. YUM!
Today we celebrated Thankgiving with people from our church. It was a lovely dinner of turkey, a potato dish, white string beans, carrots, and French cranberry sauce (nothing like the American stuff). It was all topped off with a pot-luck dessert bar. There were 2 eight-foot tables covered will all kinds of homemade desserts. I decided that this year I would try desserts that I could not immediately identify. I ended up having a piece of really good pecan pie, some interesting tiramisu, and a great pumpkin casserole thing. I wish I had had a larger plate!
It is time to help the girls with their cahiers. We get a notebook from the teacher about every 2 weeks. The teacher puts a sheet in that tells us what the class has been working on sine the last time we saw the book. The girls are supposed to put in a drawing or photo and description of something that they did over the weekend. The teacher then uses the new entry to start a discussion with the student. Pretty cool, huh?
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday!! Good to see you today!
Post a Comment