
Our weather here in the Sunny South has taken on a decidedly Fall feel for the past few days. The highs have been in the mid-70's, and it has certainly NOT been sunny. That has not deterred us from eating well though, just made me want to cook all of those wintry comfort foods like lasagna and hearty soups. It has played havoc with my grilling schedule though!
We had a pretty good food week last week, filled with simple foods mostly made from stuff that I had on hand (grocery bill was less than $50). We enjoyed Daddy's waffles for dinner and the Misses have been enjoying the leftovers for breakfast. Gotta love those foods that freeze well! No other stellar meals. We did make optimum use of the leftover grilled chicken from our cookout. I am really looking forward to using the Ken's Steakhouse Marinades in Balsamic and Roasted Onion on more chicken and maybe some pork. That was GOOD stuff!
This week, we are making some family favorites for dinner.
Sunday - Tacos
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - Homemade pizzas
Wednesday - Pepper Jack Chicken (double batch!)
Thursday - Pork chops, salad for the adults, pasta or sweet potatoes for the kids
Friday - Sunday - We have our 20th High School Reunion so we will be eating out
Monday - Fragrant Lemon Chicken in the slow cooker
I am also looking for some beef recipes for the slow cooker if you have any suggestions. Something that is NOT a pot roast type meal. Thanks!
If you are looking for meal inspiration, check out the other menus at OrgJunkie.
1 comment:
I'll have to look for that marinade, it sounds really good.
Your menu plan sounds delicious. I'll be over tomorrow for spaghetti and meatballs. ;-)
Post a Comment