Happy Monday, everyone! Ours is off to a pretty good start. The grocery list is tiny so shopping won't take me long, and I have been using my "extra" time to clean this house! It is definitely time for the clutter and mess to stop controlling me and for me to control it! To that end, I have made our menu using as much from the freezer and pantry as possible. Unfortunately that didn't lend itself to much creativity in the new recipe area, but we are going to finish up some of the tried-and-true stuff from the freezer.
Monday - chicken nuggets and french fries (the Misses will start their ballet class at 5 PM so I am going for quick and easy to fill up those hungry girls)
Tuesday - Chef salad with leftover grilled chicken (the chicken was marinated in Ken's Steakhouse Balsamic Vinaigrette marinade and was GREAT)
Wednesday - Waffles, bacon and fruit
Thursday - Leftovers, pasta or rice and peas or steamed broccoli
Friday - Parents' Night Out (the kids will get something quick and easy on Mom)
Saturday - grilled sausage, onions and peppers, fries
Sunday - steaks, salad, and bread
I have had several inquiries about the food that we got from Angel Food Ministries a few weeks ago. I have been impressed. I have used some of the split chicken breasts in a recipe, and the meat was very tender. We didn't particularly like the recipe itself, but the meat was of good quality. Last night we grilled two of the New York Strip steaks. Again, the quality was fairly good in my opinion. My husband said he prefers the steaks that I but at the local grocery store, but that these were okay. The one surprise was that they had a bone. First for me with strip steaks. I did not order a box for this month because our local grocery store just had an awesome sale on meats. The freezer is packed! In summary, I think it was worth the experiment, and will keep checking the website to see if there are boxes that interest me. There is a holiday box that is being offered for pre-order until October 28 that looks very interesting.
I hope you all have a great week. Check out other menus at Org Junkie for some meal inspiration.

1 comment:
Thanks for the update on the Angel Food Ministry.
I love the Ken's dressings. I'll have to try marinating chicken and grilling it. That sounds delicious.
I hope you have a good week.
Post a Comment