Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Saturday's dinner turned out to be great! We had 15 members of the family crammed into my in-laws cottage and we had a wonderful time. The manicotti was good, the salad hit the spot, there was homemade picante sauce to nibble on, and the desserts were so yummy! Cousin C made a brownie concoction that has always been a hit. She also made s'more bars "for the kids." There was lots of conversation and it was so nice to visit with the folks we only see once a year.

Sunday, Daddy and his girls headed over to the Islands for some geocaching. They took me a long to do a little wine tasting. We got to watch the only draw bridge in Vermont open while we were hot on the trail of our first geocache of the day. That was LOADS of fun for the little people. Every time we cross a bridge now they ask if it is the one that opens. We tried for two other caches, but only found one. Oh well.

Monday may have been the highlight of the entire trip. Auntie M rides horses, and she made arrangements for the Misses to ride a pony. Miss greeted me with "I am so excited today. This is the day that I get to ride the pony." No good morning, just ponies. And she had the biggest smile when she got up on General. I wish I could publish the pictures. Miss M also had a good time, but it was definitely Miss S' thing.

Tuesday dawned cloudy and cool, so Grandma and I packed up the kids for a ride to the Islands. We had a nice picnic lunch watching the boats, and I got to hear a little French. We're not too far from Quebec. After a little craft shopping, we headed home so that the girls could talk Papa into a boat ride. Once we got there, only Miss S wanted to go. Miss M wanted to follow Cousin S around (luckily she did not seem to mind). Cousin S had a new giant bubble maker, and Miss M loved popping the bubbles. I am hoping my pictures from that are decent. They were having such fun.

Today has been lousy again with scattered showers. It makes for a good day to go shopping and to do some packing. Grandma and I hit some of the back-to-school sales, looking for clothes for the girls for the next year. We bought some of the boring stuff like jeans, but Grandma found the cutest tee-shirts. They were a hit because they have horses on them, in glitter.

So far, vacation has been pretty good. Now if we could just ship some of this rain to the dry south.

1 comment:

RHB said...

can't wait to see their glittery horse t-shirts. :) SA's Poppy has been working on repairing "Milky" (the rocking horse) wwho was apparently named by Miss S.