Monday, December 17, 2007

Do they have to share EVERYTHING?

I knew from the beginning that having twins would present special challenges. I think we have been pretty lucky. The girls have done so well, and generally work well together. They share a bedroom. They share their toys. They share a classroom. They even used to share a bed. The worst part is that they share germs! We have been sick in some proportion since the middle of September - colds mostly. I can handle a cold. I cannot handle the germs that have invaded this week.

It started early on Saturday morning with Miss M waking us saying her stomach was upset. For the next 4 hours, it was trips to the bucket. Miss S seemed unfazed. She had a fever and runny nose, but I know what to do for that. Miss M seemed to recover quickly, and was able to enjoy the rest of her weekend. She even got to have a special date with her Daddy on Sunday. They got to go to the Michelin Holiday Spectacle - a circus this year. They had a great time while Miss S, who still had a fever, and I stayed home and wrapped presents, put together puzzles, and played dominoes.

By the end of the day I knew I was keeping at least one of the girls home from school as S still had a high fever. Miss M decided this morning that she didn't want to go to school alone, so we hung out together and played. All was going well until around 11 AM, then the germies got a hold of Miss S. Poor thing has been miserable all day. And Mommy's magic doesn't seem to do a thing to make it better.

You know, I am okay with sharing toys and bedrooms, and lots of other things, even some of the germs. I'd just like the option to choose which germs are allowed to invade my home. Oh, and I'd like to find some Lysol spray to sanitize surfaces. At least we haven't had to make a trip to the doctor ... yet.