I haven't felt my kitchen mojo for a very long time. I really felt like my family was bored with my cooking, and I was bored with cooking. I was truly tired of trying to create meals that interested my family. It was pretty frustrating. The last time this happened I spent a few hours going through my cookbooks and found a little inspiration. Luckily the same thing worked this time. Here are a few of the winners for this week:
Oven-fried Parmesan Chicken Strips
Sirloin Tip Roast
Country Potatoes
Honey Bourbon Salmon
Oven-Baked Onion Rings
The week isn't over either!
One side note - if you make the salmon in the oven instead of on the grill, watch the cooking time. I overcooked ours this week, and the kids did not enjoy it as much as the first time. I also think that a longer marinating time is worth it.
2 comments:
thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. few understand "this", whatever "this" is exactly. And fewer still are patient enough to listen. You're very kind and thoughtful and wise!
btw, I can't wait to try the salmon. We love salmon at this house,but have gotten in quite the rut. I can't wait to whip up something new to please the troops!
Bookmarked x5. Those all sound good. Thanks. I, too, lose my mojo, regularly, unfortunately.
Post a Comment