Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time Flies

So, how sad is it that only 2 out of the last 8 posts have been about anything other than my menu, and all of those are well over a month old? I have been trying to figure out where all of the days have gone, and why I haven't posted any of the great things that been going on in our lives.

No answer.

I do know that we have been having fun.

I helped the science lab teacher clean up her classroom and get it ready for next year. No easy task that as no one is sure what is going to happen next year. The school district has done away with the Science Lab teachers in all of the elementary schools, but the teachers still want the lab activities done. To facilitate this (maybe even encourage it) the lab teacher at the Misses' school wanted the lab left well organized for the teachers. In swooped me, with nothing else to do (HA!) and helped. Hopefully I can put my intimate knowledge of the lab to some use next year and help out those teachers!

I also helped plant about 7600 square feet of garden. That is a big garden. My father calls it a farm. All I know is that we are having a great year, and I have some very nice jalapenos in my freezer. Yum ... poppers in January.

The Misses and I have been doing lots together as well. We work the garden together. Or, we work together until someone more interesting than Mom shows up. They have learned about harvesting Japanese eggplant as well as what to do when herb plants have flowers. Miss S plunked herself down next to one of the older gentlemen who volunteers with us and declared that he needed to teach her how to weed. I absolutely LOVE watching them in the garden. They have blossomed as much as the plants have.

We also took our first "girls only" road trip. We drove 4.5 hours together to visit the grandparents on my side of the family. The road trip itself was pretty uneventful as they had their DVD players, but the time with family was great. It was a good reminder for me that we do not have to do EVERYTHING in one trip. You see, all of the grandparents live within about 40 minutes of each other. It makes it very hard to tell one set that we will not see them when we come into town for a weekend. Do I think that someone will feel slighted, or not understand that there is only so much time? Maybe. I just want to make everyone happy. And everyone wants to see the Misses. How can I fault grandparents who want to see their grandchildren?!

This week, the Misses are in Zoo Camp for 3 hours a day. In two weeks, Miss M will go to Cooking Camp. The week after, Miss S will go to Dance, Cheer, and Gymnastics Camp. This is the first time that the Misses have chosen different activities. BIG event for us. I am truly looking forward to having one-on-one time with one of my girls while the other goes to her camp, then listening to them share their daily stories.

Speaking of doing things with my daughters, they just got out of their rooms after a little time apart (they had been fighting). I think I ought to go hang out a bit.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. I've missed you, but of course I understood, I've been MIA for the most part on my blog as well. I feel as though my blog has gotten very boring, but my life not so much and really, I guess I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hope summer continues to be good to you. Congrats to the misses on choosing activities that appeal to each of them. Hope you all enjoy that time.

So, what do you do when herb plants get flowers?